Here is sample video with my Document Camera (I've used this type all year)
Here is a sample video with the EduCreations app
I asked my students to give me feedback on the two-day EduCreations trial. Overall, it was a BUST.
- Students said they were harder to follow and take notes off of than what they were used to.
- The videos also took a lot longer to load and students had problems with both audio and video. They had to wait a long time for videos to load and audio to sync.
- Also, there was no way to get the videos uploaded to YouTube or SchoolTube.
- There was also no way to get the videos offline, so students had to use the internet to watch them. This meant my two computers that I have in my classroom without internet access (they just have all the videos offline) were pretty useless the last few days.
I will be trying out the ever-famous Camtasia Studios this week with a trial that I received. I was told I would still be able to record it with my Document Camera, but then have a lot of other features and tools at my fingertips. I'm excited to see how that goes.
Here is the question I asked my students:
Compare the Unit R videos to those from the rest of the year (made on the iPad instead of DocCam). Did you like them better/worse/same? Give reasons.
- The Unit R videos on the iPad have their ups and downs. I like these because instead of just copying down the things you would write on the SSS on YouTube videos, now I take the notes you write and add some extra notes myself (such as important things you say). Also, I like the videos because there was more room for you to write and explain the problems instead of the limited space sometimes of the SSS. I didn't like these videos because I think YouTube is faster sometimes when loading the videos up.
- I prefer the DocCam. b/c we can actually see what you are doing and we don’t have technical difficulties. Some of us couldn’t even hear half the time, to be honest at first I thought there was no sound. & it was really messy; the writing was everywhere so I didn’t know where to write on our SSS.
- I don't really like it. The thing i liked the most is that there were short videos butI prefer watching you doing it on the SSS that way i know what's going on.
- I think that the Unit R videos were quite confusing. They were sort of sloppy. I like the videos done on the DocCam better. The reason why is because they are more neater and you can see them being spaced out on paper? I don't really know how to explain it but I really like the videos from the DocCam rather than the videos from the iPad.