For students #5-13, see post here.
I asked my students the following questions about the Flipped Classroom. Here is a sneak peek from the first students to jump on the opportunity to interview :) I will be recording the rest of the students in the next 1-2 weeks as we head into summer break and be posting more videos as they get recorded.
Eventually, I will be putting the videos all together to make a montage of my students to show at the beginning of next year.
Questions answered (in order, in case you just are interested in certain questions):
- What is the Flipped Classroom?
- What is the best part about the Flipped Classroom?
- What part of the Flipped Classroom this last year was most beneficial to you as a student?
- What is a WSQ? What does it look like at home and what do you do with it in class?
- Give advice to a student on how to get the most out of the lecture videos.
- Give advice to a student on how to get the most out of in class time.
- Give advice on using the WSQ charts to a future student.
- Give advice on how to succeed in the Flipped Classroom in general to a future student.
- Give advice to students next year on how to get along well with Mrs. Kirch and succeed in her class, flipped or not.
STUDENT #14 -
Kirch Comments: Q2 - learn at own pace and come to class with questions, Q5 - don't watch it all the way thru and copy mindlessly
Kirch Comments: Q1 - good description of use of class time, Q2 - learning into your own hands, shorter lessons, Q3 - very detailed description of the WSQ, Q7 - ask questions, Q9 - HILARIOUS :)
Kirch Comments: #2,3 - questions answered in detail and personally, more time to get help! #4 - discuss in groups, detailed analysis, #5 - don't watch when you are half asleep :) #6 - don't be afraid to ask questions! #7 - Look ahead at entire week of WSQ chart and plan ahead based on your week. #9 - give 100%, show effort
STUDENT #17 -
Kirch Comments: Very quiet - not sure if I'll be able to use any of it due to sound :(