|Right where I want to be :). Easy for a few, hard for a few, but mainly 'JUST RIGHT' - a fair assessment of my students' learning and understanding of the content. One student said: "tests this year were accurate reflections of the unit material. they were not hard, and if you actually studied the material and did your work they were pretty easy." Reflections/Areas for growth for me: (1) Make sure directions on test match up with directions on practice problems (I thought I did a great job of that this year, I really focused on it last summer, but still had about 5 students mention it). (2) Make sure tests can be completed in a class period - there were a few tests throughout the year that several students had to come back and finish during lunch or after school because they were too long. I made notes of these and will adjust them for this next year.|
- I loved the class and I felt like I really belonged there. I especially like that I felt safe in the class (minus the stairs) because I knew the teacher was always in control. I usually ignore the work ethics of those around me, so no matter what happened around me I could get my work done on time without stressing out too much. I also liked that Mrs. Kirch was there to help us if we needed it, but she did not baby us.
- I felt like this was a class were we could all have fun and learn together and since it wasn't a normal classroom we could also just jump into our work without having the risk of falling asleep during a lecture.
- the atmosphere was very welcoming and it was easy to ask questions
- I enjoyed working in groups because I was able to get support and help from my group members.
- I liked it a lot. I liked how you did everything possible to help us with math this year. I think you thought us well and I'm glad for those who actually took advantage of the help you gave us and are doing well.
- I like it, every one is up beat and positive, and i like being able to do my own thing and work at my own pace :)
- You're always so willing to help us out and always pushed us to do our best no matter how difficult something was or how frustrated we got with it which helped to create an atmosphere where we knew we weren't going to be put down but where we were going to be built up.
- Personally, I thought the atmosphere of the class was really positive and encouraging because it is apparent that Mrs. Kirch really does care about our education and our success, not just in class but overall. Although there were many times that a majority were under a lot of stress, Mrs. Kirch tried her very best to make sure that we were able to handle our workload and ensure that our work got done in time.
- I'M GOING TO MISS YOU MRS. KIRCH! Everyone was always full of energy and ready to learn. No one was ashamed to asked questions and I loved that, I think that you had a big hand in it of course since you were always ready to give an answer! I loved your class because everyone was comfortable with each other and no one ever put anyone down for being a little slow(:
- Mrs. Kirch always provided encouragement and was positive. There was usually never a moment where it was not positive and encouraging. Students provided help for one another and students were usually doing what they were suppose to.
- the teacher always came to class upbeat and put good energy into the atmosphere of the class.
- i like it how the classroom is very welcoming
- the class atmosphere was good... it was nice to be able to talk to my classmates and get their help.... it was also nice to be able to see everyone working hard so i could stay motivated to get my work done
- In class, I know the other students and especially myself feel comfortable learning in this class. We can ask any question we need to get answered as we are working on our classwork, first to our classmates and then to the teacher. If kids aren't doing well in this class, they aren't trying or they just don't take advantage of all the opportunities we get every day to raise our grade/knowledge.
- This class was always positive and of course encouraging, because Mrs. Kirch would always push us to the limit so we can get our work done and achieve and succeed, and mostly learn!
- At first since I was struggling I thought it was intimidating but I was able to over come that and I love the WSQ groups we have now because I am comfortable asking the students around me for help. And having them explain it to me step by step I was able to understand.
- I think that we weren't only a class but some of us got to treat each other like family & I loved it how you can just ask anyone for help and they will help you ! (:
|Glad to see my work in putting together my curriculum via SSS packets is helpful :). We don't really use the textbook in my class at all - the SSS packets ARE their textbook.|
|This was a very important question to me. I hoped my students felt this way, and they did!|
|Another very important question for me!|
|It is important to me that my students feel respected, and it seems that I did a good job of that this year.|
|So great to hear!!!!|