Pictures of my classroom on the first day!
Reflections and thoughts from the week:
Day 1 - Algebra 1
Day 1 - Math Analysis Honors
Day 2 - Algebra 1 and Math Analysis Honors
Day 3 - Algebra 1
Day 3 - Math Analysis Honors
Initial thoughts from my students on Wednesday night (first day of school)
So, after week 1, let's briefly talk about the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
- Overall it seems like most students are positive towards the change. None of them have had to do the full video/WSQ at home on their own yet, so we will see how that goes later next week. I really enjoy my schedule and the flow of classes, which always makes things nice :)
- Several students who watched my videos for the summer work but ended up not in my class have already come and asked me if they will still have access to my videos this year even though they aren't my student. That made me feel great and encouraged.
- Student discussions in Math Analysis have been pretty good for the first couple days and are showing improvement. I'm excited to see where this leads!
- Freshmen irresponsibility and immaturity, but that's to be expected... they'll grow out of it (I hope). I blogged earlier in the week that I don't think many of them are actually used to having to complete homework nightly... so hopefully the routine will come!
- I can't think of anything that has been ugly this first week...I'm actually fairly satisfied with how it's coming along. I just hope the transition to modeling/training to actually having the students do it on their own goes smoothly... that's what I most nervous about!