I would highly suggest you check out the session yourself as well, because what stood out to me may not be what impacts you the most! :)
Register for virtual access to all these sessions here.
- Starting the flip: In the beginning, it was all about creating time in the classroom b/c of their block schedules. So, it started out really all about the videos.
- Leveled Tests
- 70% of grade based on Level 1 questions (power standards). Students must receive 100% on these questions
- 10% of grade based on Level 2 questions
- last 20% of grade based on Level 3 questions (more application-based questions)
- Great information on using Moodle. Since I don't use Moodle, I didn't write a ton of stuff down about the logistics. There are some really cool things with Moodle that he showed, so if you use it, definitely check out his session!