And, I have about 20 tabs open on my browser and I want to close them :)
I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on my ramblings based on your experiences!
1. To look at more deeply - based on Inquiry Learning
Still a little stuck on the inquiry learning in a math class (vs. science, where I think it is easier), but I would like to do a little more "why does this matter" and "where would I see this" sort of stuff to help with student engagement.
- Explore-Flip-Apply Theoretical Framework at http://flipteaching.com/
- Ideas for in-class "activities" from http://kellyoshea.wordpress.com/, whiteboarding ideas from @hark07 and @math_johnson
- 3 act math for possible inquiry based teaching at http://blog.mrmeyer.com/?p=10285 and samples here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjIqyKM9d7ZYdEhtR3BJMmdBWnM2YWxWYVM1UWowTEE#gid=0
- Inquiry learning at http://www.pogil.org/
- Target Inquiry http://www.gvsu.edu/targetinquiry/ and http://www.gvsu.edu/targetinquiry/presentations-publications-33.htm