Saturday, January 19, 2013

12-13 1st semester student feedback: Other Quotes, Comments, etc



To see the links to all survey question responses, please go here.



Some quotes to save that didn't fit in the other posts:

Comments as students reflected on the "FutureMe.org" letter they sent themselves the first week of school.  Students were asked 2 questions: 1) What are your goals for this school year and 2) Share your thoughts on the flipped classroom after the first week.

  • I have benefitted greatly from the flipped classroom. I have realized that this class is very different than from many other math  classes in a good way. I am looking forward to the second semester of the course and I think things will be running smoother now that everyone knows how the classroom works.
  • My letter [written the first week of school] I said that the flipped classroom had a lot of technological use involved and that I didn't like it. But now, since I know what I am doing with each website or Student Problem or WPP, it's not so bad.
  • At first I thought it would only be a lesson at home and discussion at class but now I see that it is more than just that. We have discussion, time for pq's, time for quizzes and have many more extra assingments to help us better understand the material. At first the flipped classroom was very hard to get used to but now I am completely adapted to the flipped classroom. 
  • Also, I have gotten used to the flipped classroom, I actually like it :) I mentioned in the letter that I was overwhelmed before, but I got used to it. 
  • My ideas about the flipped classroom prove to be pretty accurate. The flipped classroom is not easy. But it isn't supposed to be either. I have remained positive about and open to the flipped classroom. I feel like I am learning so much and it is definitely more rewarding to do it this way. I am really pleased with it and apparently, 4 months ago I could foresee that.
  • But this is the first time in my high school time i actually understand math. Right now in the class I have a 77%, it may not seem the best grade an honor student may receive, but it is the best math grade i seen since freshmen year.
  • As for flipped classroom i think it is a great way to learn once you get into the hang of how it works.
  • Flipped classroom is a great learning method, and it wasn't much of a challenging change than you thought it would be. Make sure you don't get distracted while you're doing your homework.
  • I actually like the flipped classroom now! I love being able to choose who to sit with and communicate with about the math concepts hehe.. makes class more fun. I've gotten used to the lectures online and I've learned how to take full advantage of them.
  • I wasn't used to the Flipped Classroom and I would hope to like it more as the year goes by and this became true because I like the Flipped Classroom now. It is a very helpful way of teaching math. I have learned how to manage my time with this new method and my grade has gone up since the beginning of the year.
  • I do feel that i got the hang of the flipped classroom now. I also feel much more confident in my ability to fully understand math than i did freshman and sophomore year. The videos have really helped me understand the material when i had difficulty and so have the pq's, quizzes, and student problems. I will continue to do my best in math analysis.
  • And as a matter of fact, I have adjusted to the flipped classroom so one check mark please!
  • I was open to the flipped classroom, and it has grown on me. It's a part of my daily school life now.
  • And I'm glad I can experience the flipped classroom. Honestly, my favorite class. 
  • I remember writing how discontent I was with the flipped classroom in the beginning of the year. It felt like such a hassle. Now that I've adapted to it, it feels like any other class. Sometimes it's a bit of a hassle but I've slowly learned to deal with it and I am content with this class now. 
  • In regards to the flipped classroom, what I said before only somewhat applies to what I have experienced. The flipped classroom I experienced before was much different and perhaps needed more time put into its whole process. I definitely noticed an extremely positive change when a teacher can put in an almost exceeding maximum effort.
Encouraging comments:
  • I want to thank you for all your hard work you've done for all your students this year. I know making videos need to do more work than any regular teacher because you have to take part of your time to record and prepare each video, packet, worksheet, etc. So, thank  you for going above and beyond for all your students!! (:
  • Mrs. Kirch you are a great teacher. Thank You for involving this method into our learning it is very helpful!!!!(:
  • I like the friendly environment in the class so much. It makes me look forward to coming to class everyday


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...