Sunday, May 13, 2012

Productive Day... 6 things on my mind :)

I have 7 more flipped class videos to make for this school year. Seven. That's it. I'm so excited that summer is almost here!


I can't wait to start flipped class from the beginning of the school year.


I can't wait to start challenging my students to think more deeply and make connections from day 1.


I can't wait!

My Math Analysis students are doing a "teaching video" for Unit U - in groups of 3-4, they have to do a 5-10 minute video covering all the important concepts from Unit U.  I'm really excited to see how they turn out.  I don't want them to be major productions... I just want them to be clear, concise, and creative.  I want to hear them talking about the content with each other and sharing that with others.

I'm not doing the end of year project with my Algebra 1 kiddos.  We are going to spend the week instead re-assessing and re-working on concepts they have "holes" on so they are more prepared for next year.  Still thinking about how this will actually look in the classroom so they are productive and useful days, even for my top kids.  I've got another 2 weeks to brainstorm.

Getting visited tomorrow by 3 people from the District Office.  Excited but a little nervous, because they are visiting period 1, which is normally my "least favorite flipped class" meaning the kids haven't really quite gotten to the point where I wish they were in terms of discussions, challenging themselves, etc like my other class periods have.  Oh well, I hope it will still go great!


We have four weeks left and I am out of my class FOUR more times.  But, with the flipped classroom it is much less of a worry! Yay!  Send the sub the videos, kids are pretty well "trained", and we'll keep moving on!


I'm working on my End of Year Student Survey, Flipped Classroom Student interviews, and Flipped Classroom Parent survey.  If any of you have any questions that you think I should ask my students or parents, or have a sample end of year survey for students or parents, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...