- Unit I Test - tough test with lots of stuff to memorize (compound interest formulas, exponential and logarithmic graphs). Students took this on Thursday. About 60% got As and Bs; 25% got F's. I'm having mandatory tutoring and retake for those 25 students this week. The hard part about this unit was there was only 3 main concepts and if you messed up on one part early on, the rest of the problem was screwed up. I'm hoping a little revisiting will help these students do great on the reassessment.
- It was neat to talk to students about saving, investing, bank accounts, etc. Every year I'm surprised by how little they know and am glad to be able to play a small part in educating them.
- I'm really happy with the way my students are able to articulate themselves on their student videos on their blogs. Students who are quieter in class and who I would never have the chance to sit down and hear a full explanation of a concept, I can go to their blog and listen to them explain through it. It's really awesome. I highly suggest it!
- About me
- Contact me
- Weekly Reflections ('11-'12)
- 2011-2012 Test Score Data
- Weekly Reflections ('12-'13)
- Weekly Reflections ('13-'14)
- Songs & Chants
- Student-Created Videos
- #flipclass intro letters and videos
- Student Feedback
- Presentations & Publicity
- Work with me
- BUY THE BOOK! Flipping with Kirch: The Ups and Downs from Inside my Flipped Classroom
Sunday, November 3, 2013
Week 10 reflections
It's Sunday night and I just remembered I haven't blogged about this week yet. And I'm really trying to commit to it every week, so even though I'm exhausted (yes it's only 7:44 pm, but this momma needs her sleep!), I'm going to try to put something together...
This week we start matrices, which students either love or hate. They are very tough at first, I admit it. But, we are spending 5 days on them so hopefully by the end students will feel confident.
I have some (what I think are) pretty cool WSQ chat activities planned for Unit J. I'll post them up and talk about them in the next 2 weeks as we do them in class.
7:49. 5 minutes tired-er. Good night everyone! Thanks for reading and being a part of my PLN!