Saturday, November 16, 2013

#EdCampOC

I was so happy to be able to attend the afternoon portion of EdCampOC today.  I can't wait to go to another one and meet up with so many amazing educators.

It was great to see so many friends, some of whom I've met before in person and some who I've only interacted with online.  The power of twitter as a PLN...

So great to see again/meet you all and chat, even if it was just for a few minutes.  I can't wait to connect and chat again soon - Kate, Kevin, Chris, Dan, Randy, Jill, David, Garrett... and more but I can't remember the new names :/  So if we met and I'm not following you on twitter yet please tweet me @crystalkirch so we can stay connected!

I got to participate in an amazing hallway chat with Karl, Kate, and Kevin during session 3 (aka catch up and chat), and then went to "Things that Suck".  I've heard so much about that session but it was awesome to participate.  It was funny when David asked me to define a flipped class to those who didn't know and I guess my definition was just a little too complex.  I tried to simplify it, I really did :)

Here a few pictures from the day!
Jeanne Reed @jeanneread1
I got to EdCamp at about 12:30 and was starving since I was out all morning. I go to the food truck and order some sliders, and Jeanne comes up and tells me she is going to buy my lunch for me!  This is the first time I've met her, and she is a such a sweetheart!  And, a passionate educator!!

John Stevens @jstevens009
We missed each other at CUE this year (blame Siri), but I'm so glad I got to finally meet John and chat, even if it was for just a bit.  Looking forward to more conversations next time!

Who can resist this cutie?  Grayson attended his first EdCamp, and everyone got to meet the one who's taken over my life the last 5 1/2 months.  He's so worth it :)

KARL! @LS_karl
David tweeted this out as a "family" picture.  Talk about awkward.  But, Karl did crown Grayson as  #WSQprince, so he can be the #WSQuncle.  Sound fair?
On a random note, I won one of the raffle prizes.  When Kate announced one of them was a certificate for OCDE courses, I commented that it would be funny if I won that one since I teach a course for OCDE.  And guess what I won?  Yep... how ironic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...